9.15.2007

Film at 11

August Loopy Loot


Well, when last I posted, I mentioned a little Sneak-Up over at The Loopy Ewe. Here it is, a month after its arrival, and I finally had the ultimate combination of a)No Rain and b)No Work and c)During the Day.
Plus, there was another Sneak-Up last Tuesday, and, well, the mailman *might* be stopping at my house today. Just sayin'.

Without further ado, my August Loopy Loot:

Misty Mountain Farm Crimson Tide

J.Knits Happy Anniversary to Ewe


J.Knits New Jersey
and

Lime & Violet Dreamsicle on the Pavement

I have come to the conclusion that I am a Yarn Collector. And I'm OK with that. I will have no guilt about "stash", because this is my hobby. There are so many wonderful yarns out there, and my knitting time is sooooo limited, that for now, I'm happy to collect. What I actually get to knit with is a bonus. Some day I will be able to try them all.

All of these goodies were waiting on my doorstep the afternoon that I returned from the Michigan Fiber Festival in Allegan. It was about a 2 hour drive from here. I'll leave you with a little sheepy goodness until I write more about that.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Beautiful yarns. Enjoy!

And I'm sitting here wondering how much of that sheep's coat it would take to make a large lacy shawl, in terms of visualizing the sheep with, say, a mohawk, or would it just need a mysteriously missing square, or what? French Poodle-ify it, you know. Hah--and your speaking of stash--that sheep reminds me suddenly that I have a totally-forgotten superfine kid mohair fleece in the closet in that shade of soft gold there. It's suddenly calling me.

That's one of the things I love about bloghunting, is the inspiration that jumps out of them. Thank you for that sheep!

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com